Contents of Captives of a Concept
by Don Cameron
CHAPTER 1: The Concept
- The Concept That Holds Jehovah's Witnesses Captive
- What Makes Jehovah's Witnesses 'Tick' - Raymond Franz
- The Dominant Controlling Force That Nobody Notices
- 'Come to the Watchtower Society For Salvation'
- The One Question Everything Always Comes Down To - Peter Gregerson
- The Only Way the Watchtower Society Can Be God's Organization Today
CHAPTER 2: Matthew 24:45-47 - Most Important Scripture in Watchtower Theology
- Understanding Their Interpretation and Holding Them To It
- The Most Important Event in Watchtower History - Jesus' Decision in 1919
- Using Watchtower Standards To Judge Watchtower Teachings
CHAPTER 3: 48 Teachings Jesus Examined
- #1: Second Coming of Christ - 40 Years Too Early Then 29 Years Too Late
- #2: "We Are Not Your Faithful and Discreet Slave"
- #3: Christ's 1000-Year Reign & The Sewing Machine - 1873
- #4: "Millions Now Living Will Never Die"
- #5-42: 38 Dates/Events That Didn't Happen
- #43-46: Christmas, Birthdays, The Cross, Great Pyramid of Gizeh
- #47: "End of the Gentile Times" in 1914?
- #48: The 1,200 Furlongs of Revelation 14:20 - Scranton, Pa. to Brooklyn, NY
- Romans 13:1 - A Special Case
- Thousands of Portions of Wrong Spiritual Food Served Millions of Times!
CHAPTER 4: The Most Important Event In Watchtower History
- The Society Was In Satan's Organization From 1914 to 1918
- Why Russell Should Have 'Let the Very Stones Cry Out'
- Jesus' Decision in the Spring of 1919: To Appoint or Not To Appoint?
CHAPTER 5: The One Mistake All Jehovah's Witnesses Have Made
- How Their Free Bible Study Program Causes This Mistake
- How To Avoid Making This Mistake
- "God's Organization" Exists Only In the Minds of Jehovah's Witnesses
- Why Their Interpretation of Matthew 24:45-47 Could Not Have Come From God
- Why They Cannot Be God's Organization No Matter What They Are Teaching Today
CHAPTER 6: Who Is "God's Organization"?
- The Men Hidden Behind "God's Organization"
- Illusion vs. Reality
- Nothing Is Allowed To Disprove the Lie
CHAPTER 7: No False Teachings or Prophecies - Why Not?
- Removing the Word "False"
- Removing the Word "Prophecy"
- What Their Teachings Are Called When They Start Teaching Them
- What Their Teachings Are Called When They Stop Teaching Them
- The Word "False" Is Reserved For All Other Religions
- Watchtower's Definition of False Prophets = Russell and Rutherford
- What the Watchtower Society Has Never Been Able To Admit
- Do Their Motives Matter?
- A Spirit-Directed, Uninspired True Prophet?
- They Are Unable To See What They Are Saying
- Changing Matthew 7:15-20 From "False Prophets" To "The True Religion"
CHAPTER 8: Using the Bible To Keep Themselves Captive
- Proverbs 4:18 - The Society's 2nd Most Important Scripture
- The Second Coming of Christ - Change of Date From 1874 to 1914
- The Superior Authorities of Romans 13:1
- Matthew 24:36 - No Difference Between Jesus, Russell and Rutherford?
- The Watchtower's Spiritual 'Light Switch'
- Acts: 1:6 - Jesus' Disciples, Russell and Rutherford Made the Same Mistakes
- Using the Bible To Prove Anything They Want It To - James Penton
- Why the Governing Body Cannot Present a Candid History
CHAPTER 9: Watchtower Propaganda Keeps Them Captive
- 'Tricks and Tactics of the Cunning Propagandist'
- "Apostate" - The Governing Body's Favorite "Name-Calling" Label
- The Governing Body's 'Brick Wall' of Propaganda
- The Witnesses' Inner Wall of Willful Blindness
- Overcoming Watchtower Propaganda and Willful Blindness Is Difficult To Do
© 2005 - 2008, Don Cameron